We use the following carriers to deliver our orders: USPS UPS FedEx
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information. Please note that some orders using First-Class USPS mail may not have tracking numbers.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and shipping destination. We will make every effort to select the most economical carrier without sacrificing service.
Items in stock will be shipped generally within 48 hours, Monday-Wednesday. If an item is not in stock, we will contact you to see if you would like the item to be placed on backorder. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment. There is a 3% convenience fee for credit card purchases.
Tennessee residents are required to pay a 9.75% Tax Rate.
Please read the following policies carefully before purchasing a firearm for transfer:
How to Initiate a Firearm Transfer
STEPS in buying from an online dealer and using DSS as a transfer agent
- You must make arrangements with us before buying an FFL item and having it shipped to us for pickup. If purchasing from a Private Dealer, they must send us a copy of their FFL prior to shipment. If from an individual, we MUST have a legible copy of THEIR driver’s license emailed to: info@DillardSecurity.com, failure to do so, could result in our refusal to accept shipment, returning the firearms to sender, all at your expense. This email should include a description of what firearm is being shipped, the gun’s serial number and who will be picking it up, as well as phone number and email address of who will be purchasing the firearm.
- Or purchase the firearm of your choice from an Online Dealer and pay for it using your preferred method of payment. If purchasing from many of the larger online sites (ie. Bud’s Gunshop, Grab a Gun, Gunbroker, Palmetto State Armory, etc.) They will already have our FFL on file and we will not have to send them one. If it is a company we Do NOT do business with, they must request via email a copy of our FFL and we will email it to them, we will NOT give our FFL out for you to send.
- We will notify you when the firearm arrives and it has been logged into our Blue Book (Inventory System). After That, we will call you to discuss scheduling a time for you to come by and fill out the paperwork and required Background Check.
- You will be required to come to our facility located at 788 East Street, Memphis, TN. and complete a ATF Form 4473 and TICS Background Check. You MUST bring with you, your valid Tennessee Driver’s license, that has your current correct address on it,(to change online https://dl.safety.tn.gov) or another official Tennessee issued Identification Card or Federal ID with your picture on it. We CANNOT transfer the firearm to you without this. If you were born outside of the United States, please bring Immigration Visa/Papers or US Passport. Allow 30~45 minutes processing time for this step at our facility.
- We will charge a FFL Transfer Fee of $50.00 (including TICS) for EACH firearm we transfer for you. If you are picking up multiple firearms on the same day, we will run them all on the same Background Check. If we perform the Background Check and the results are “Denied”, we are still due the $10 TICS charge but We CANNOT Release the Gun until it is “APPROVED”. We will provide a TICS APPEALS Form to submit and supplement the Background Check. Any/all appeals to TICS are your responsibility. We accept Cash, Check and major credit cards for this service.
Steps in buying from our online inventory:
- Place your items in cart.
- Proceed to checkout.
- If you are out of town: put us in touch with your local FFL Dealer that will receive this shipment and perform the transfer. Shipping will be $35 for a Handgun and $45 for a Rifle/Shotgun. After we receive the dealer’s info, we will call you for a credit card when we are ready to ship.
- If you are local: You will need to make an appointment. Please call or email for a time. We will need to check our warehouse to confirm the item is available and have it delivered for transfer. We will confirm this when you call or email for the appointment. You will need your valid TN Driver’s License showing your correct address. The background check takes usually less than 30 minutes. Local Tax rate is 9.75%